Monday, March 21, 2011

Sophisticated.Crisp.Natural.Earthy.

I love playing with different design styles including; earthy, modern, romantic, rustic and everything in between! I recently had the opportunity to design two tablescapes for the Luxury Bridal Expo held at Belvedere Banquets. Just as every brides style is different I wanted to design two completely different designs that would cater to both modern brides as-well as a more organic bride.

I began the design process with selection of the table linen, napkin & chairs. The linen I selected was a shantung linen in a gorgeous green color to accent the brown in the chairs & chargers. Moving onto the chairs which were a gorgeous natural mahogany with crisp white chair pad to match the napkin.

Next up to design was the centerpiece which I knew had to be simple, sophisticated yet organic and natural. I used three cylinders varying in height filled with lush cymbidium orchids in chartreuse green. The base of the centerpiece was surrounded by moss, moss pomanders, small lanterns & votives. To keep the natural them going I used custom made wooden tables numbers and rattan chargers under crisp white dinnerware.
I hope this design brings out your organic side and encourages you to step outside the box and find beauty in things natural!






Event: Luxury Bridal Expo Chicago

Venue: Belvederebanquets

Event Design: Just Say Yes Events! Creative Director, Barbara Mouradian

Floral: www.JustSayYesEvents.com

Photography ©: Angela Swan of Jumpshots! www.jumpshots.biz


1 comment: