Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meet the planner!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to those who do not already know me. My name is Barbara Medina and I am the owner & creative director for Just Say Yes Events based in Chicago. Ever since I was a little girl I was planning parties & gatherings. From very early on I loved the whole planning, setting up & hosting of parties. I have many fond memories as a child helping my parents with my birthday parties. My father would give me a budget and I would divide up the money making sure to cover all bases: Food, decor & misc such as invitations, favors etc. One party that stands out to me was my 12th birthday, a wonderful sleep over that I will remember forever! My birthday is February 11th so I tend to lean towards the colors of Valentines day for decor. I created a menu and my parents cooked, I bought decor and decorated our home & even made sure to have enough money for a fantastic birthday cake.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize that "HELLO" this is what I should be doing. I finished school and became a business manager for a few different businesses everything from Pharmacy to retail management. I was never 100% happy with what I was doing and was just not fulfilled. After being in the whole business management industry I left to travel and promote companies all over the United States. I worked with all sorts of companies everything from auto industry, medical industry, restaurant industry and more! I was basically in sales at a trade show level. Once again....Not fulfilled!
One day while driving in the car I had like Oprah says an "AHA" moment. I knew all along what I should be doing and what my passion was and it had been right in front of me this whole time! The next step was to become certified, select a business name, build a website and much much more!! I was up for the challenge and ready to take on the event planning and design world. Just Say Yes Events was then born and took off like wild fire. In three short years I made a name for myself and learned from the best of the best. Just Say Yes is now a luxury event planning & design firm specializing in weddings. It has been so exciting seeing my business grow and become everything I had ever dreamed of.
We are now on the road to becoming even bigger and looking forward to being part of the most important day in a couples life. we take pride in our work and strive to make every wedding different and treat them as if they were our own.



Thank You
Just Say Yes events!
Barbara Medina
Creative Director


Photo by: Just Say Yes Events @ The Palmer House Hilton's "Taste, tea & tour" annual event.

No comments:

Post a Comment